Yom Kipper













 I have been studying the Holy Feast Days of our Father recently.  I didn't think they were important to Gentile believers, but I was wrong.  I do not feel that there is, a separation any longer between the Jews and the Gentiles.  We are all grafted into the body of our Savior!  The Messiah has been teaching me so much lately, that my head is spinning.   Most Jews celebrate Yom Kipper or The Day of Atonement as a day of fasting, meaning not eating or drinking for 25 hours.  The study I just took was amazing, I will leave a link to his site after this post.  He shares how the Bible teaches to humble and to afflict ourselves.  The Hebrew word that is used is called Anah (H6031).  This word means to afflict or humble yourself before Yah.  The Day of Atonement is considered the most important Feast Day.   Some Jews fast for a 25 hour period with no food or water and even refrain from bathing, anointing, wearing leather shoes or having sex.  The first scripture is Lev. 16, it never speaks of abstaining from food.
In verse 29 it says it is a statue to afflict your soul and that no work is to be done on this feast day and that it is to be kept forever.  The Lord goes on to repeat that fact in verse 31.  Could he be speaking to Gentile believers, and the Jewish followers who believe on Yahusha as their Messiah, to let us know that, yes we still are under grace, but there are still things that he wants us to observe?  The Hebrew word for afflicting is Anah (H6031) but the Hebrew for fast is (H6684). I am not going to go into all of the studies because I want you to watch his video below.  The message that I watched was very informative and you might want to subscribe to his channel.  I know I did!  I wish you all a blessed Day of Atonement even if it is a little late.
   









                                                   

Comments