Bask In His Love












The other day I began to think about a sunflower.  They are such amazing flowers.  First of all, they are so huge and they produce so many seeds.  I think one of the greatest things about the Sunflower is that it moves to catch as much of the sunshine as it can get.  This week for my Bible Art/Journaling I painted a sunflower.  I got a new Bible for Christmas and so I wanted to decorate it and personalize it.  I added some new Bible tabs and tried out some new art from my favorite journalers on youtube.  What came to me about the sunflower went with a verse in  Matthew 11:28-30 which speaks of finding rest in Yahusha.  Scripture speaks of finding rest in him in more than one place.  It speaks it in the book of Matthew about taking rest in his word.  In Isaiah 28:11,12 it talks about taking rest in his spirit.  It says that this is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest.  It also mentions the Sabbath in the Commandments where we are told to have a day of rest.  Our Father loves us and wants us to be strong and not worn down and empty all the time and therefore he gave us some wisdom on how to stay strong in him.   It is meant so we could soak up the Holy Spirit and bask in the light of his word and presence.  When we do so, we produce much seed in our hearts like all those sunflower seeds, that we can in turn use to give to others.   Allowing special time every week for him sets us apart and gives us time to become strong and wise like the sunflower who soaks up every moment of strength that it can get from the sun so it can produce much fruit which in turn makes more flowers.  So get busy, spread some seed and make some flowers.






















Comments