When you get the winter blues








One of the best things that I do to keep from getting depressed is to exercise.  Exercise is great for sleep problems as well.  I am lucky enough that I have enough room between my living room and my dining room that I can jog around the two and it makes a perfect indoor track so I don't have to go outside in the cold.  Taking Vitamins is another good idea because a lot of depression can be caused from vitamins that you are deficient in.  I journal a lot to get my emotions out of me which seems to help and I meditate on scripture as well.  I like to pray about how I am feeling.  Do something that you enjoy like sipping some warm tea or hot cocoa or hot coffee.  Light a candle and enjoy the scent or take a long bubble bath.  So many things that bring joy into our lives.  Enjoy the company of family or friends.  Make your favorite dish and share it with someone.  Write a book or start a blog and share your story.  Get a new hobby!  Find a church and make some new friends.  Get out of your house and help someone.  Do something nice that makes you feel good.  Watch Spongebob!  That always helps me and my grandbaby.  Go somewhere you have always wanted to go like New Zealand.  I do most of these things on a regular basis because I am at home a lot.  So many good things have come from me staying at home with my daughter and my grandbaby.  I have started working on my blog which i wouldn't have done if I was working a lot.  I have started doing art a little bit which is so much fun.  I have started praying and reading and studying my Bible a lot more.  I have got to spend more time with my family and I have been able to work on cleaning my house more then I normally would have.  Winter can be hard but not if you fill your life with new projects and things that you love.

Comments