Praise for everything








It is so easy to get down with so many things coming at us at once.  I think of Job and how he must have felt when the devil blew that storm his way.  Even when things look the worst we still have the choice to keep on praising.  Praise in trying circumstances is the most acceptable to our Father because he wants us to learn to serve Him in the good times and in the bad.  Could everything we go through be a test to see how we will respond?  Could it be to see how strong we are or how much stronger we need to be?  God inhabits the praises of his people and he draws close to us when we draw close to him.  I don't know about you but no matter what I am going through,  I feel better when I am close to God.  If you are a little down today ask God to pick you up and give you a little hug.  We are to come to him as little children.  He is our Abba Father after all.  If you are feeling far away from him it could be you just need to search your heart and ask him if there is anything he wants to change in your life and let him help you make it right.
A long time ago I went through a severe depression.  One thing that helped me through it was to wake up and see all the things I could thank God for. This helped me take my mind off of the things that were going wrong and put them on my blessings.  I found that the little things were the things that were making me the happiest.  Maybe its the sunshine or a scented candle or a warm bath.  Maybe it's getting to see someone you really care about that helps or reading a new book. Maybe it's painting a picture or taking a hike. Ask God to bless you with something that will make you happy today and ask him to show you the little things to be thankful for.  When God begins to answer those prayers you will find yourself smiling more and more and your joy will overflow.
Here is a song that might lift your spirits today and here is another one. Here's a picture that I painted that I will include. Here is the tutorial for it.  God Bless you all.




Comments