The Book of Jeremiah Bible Journaling




I would have posted this earlier but the book of Jeremiah is quite long and I had a cold.  I am better now, but I wanted to make a post while I could.  I have also been having some strange dreams.  I had another dream about a white semi on the highway.  It was jackknifed across the road and cars were hitting it so fast it was like they were disintegrating.  Not sure if there was ice or what.  This dream caused me to pray over our car the other day and NOT take the highway to our destination.   Please pray the blood of Yahuah over your cars and your families every day.
Well, I started reading Lamentations but decided that I needed to read Jeremiah as well.  Jeremiah chapter 5 stood out to me because it says to run up and down the streets of Jerusalem and see if you can find one just and honest person.  The Father says if you can find one I will spare the city.  God tells Jeremiah in chapter 7:16 to not even pray for the people there anymore.  He says don't weep for them and don't pray for them and don't beg me to help them.  In chapter 8 we see the heart of the prophet.  He says my grief is beyond healing and my heart is broken.  He says listen to the weeping of my people.  He says in verse 21 that he hurts with the hurt of his people.  In chapter 9 He says if only my head were a pool of water and my eyes a fountain of tears.  I would weep day and night for all the people who have been slaughtered.  He says Oh that I could go away and forget my people and live in a traveler's shack in the desert.  Once again in chapter 11:14, Yahuah tells him not to pray for them anymore.  God says do not pray for them and do not weep for them because he will not listen.  Then God tells Jeremiah about the plot that his people are making to kill him and once again he is told by Yahuah to not pray for these people in chapter 14:11.  The Father says he will not except there fasts or their burnt offering or their grain offerings but he will destroy them with war, famine, and disease.  Jeremiah is crying and praying once again for his people.  He says in verse 17 that night and day my eyes overflow with tears.  I cannot stop weeping for my precious people.  Anyhow, I think you get the picture of how wicked these people truly were and how compassionate this prophet truly was even though they tried to take his own life because they were so full of the devil.  People love to continue in their wickedness and surely don't like anyone telling them to stop doing it but it had to be done.  Mostly it seems that the people were head over heels worshiping other gods even after all the Father had delivered them from after being in slavery to Egypt.  God even tells Jeremiah not to marry or have children in this place.  The Father says the people in that place will die of terrible diseases and no one will mourn or bury them. in chapter 16.  Yahuah says not to go to their funerals or mourn for them or show any sympathy for these people because I have removed my protection off of them.  Chapter 19 says that they are worshipping Baal in the Valley of Ben-Hinnom, The valley had been turned into wickedness because the people burn their children and worship numerous idols.  This place will before long be called Valley of Slaughter because of the children who were murdered there.  God would send invading armies.  We should pay attention because of all the babies our Country slaughters.  God says he will allow the people to be slaughtered and he will leave the dead bodies as food for the vultures and wild animals.  He will reduce Jerusalem to ruins and make it a monument to their stupidity.  Chapter 23 speaks of the prophets of Jerusalem that they commit adultery and love dishonesty and encourage evil.  The prophets are as wicked as Sodom and Gomorrah.  He says because of the prophets that wickedness has filled the land and this will result in his people going into captivity 70 years.  In chapter 27 God calls King Nebuchadnezzar his servant who will be the King to destroy Jerusalem and carry his people into captivity.  God says he has put everything, even the wild animal under his control.  He tells the people of Jerusalem to submit to him and serve him.  I could go on and on.  There is so much to this Book but basically, it is about his people who turn away from him and begin to worship other Gods and forget about him.  They even teach their little ones how to worship these false gods.   Jerusalem wouldn't have been burnt to the ground and his people wouldn't have lost everything they owned if they would have just done one simple thing and that was to repent and turn from their wickedness.  The End.




Comments