The Dilemma of Christmas






With Christmas right around the corner, I thought it would be fitting to make a post about the holidays.  I have a very firm opinion about the origins of this season but my husband hasn't come to that realization yet.  One day a few years back after we had put the Christmas tree up and some of the decorations, my family came home to find the tree had been taken down along with the other decor because I had come to the decision from something I had read or listened to that this all was truly not about our Messiah.  I found out that it had pagan origins as well as so many of the other special days that we celebrate in this country.  Out the door, it flew with all those pleasant little trinkets and bobbles.  My family needless to say think I have completely lost my mind.  When we did away with Halloween I think they accepted it a little better because well maybe it was a little more logical that people shouldn't be dressing up like dead people or devils or whatever.  Some of my family still celebrate it nonetheless.  But Christmas is a little more difficult because it is about angels and giving gifts and giving people free food and all that jive.  How can you do away with Christmas after all?  Here is a great video about where it all came from.  You can do your own research and pray about it all on your own of course.  It might take a little time to get free from all the traditions that have come to be such a part of our life in this country.  I have come to find out that most of them are not pleasing to the Father.  The enemy has covered every avenue to try to lead you away from things that are pleasing to Yahuah and keep you within his snares.  Just when you feel like you have gotten out of the one you should be asking the Father what else is going on that isn't pleasing to you because there probably is something else.  So, my husband hasn't tried to bring the decoration in the house anymore but he is still decorating the outside of our house.  I am not sure how to deal with this but with prayer.  Of course, if Yahuah tells me to go tear the decorations down I probably will.  Do you know there is a story in the Bible about a man named Gideon?  Gideon was called to deliver his people from the Midianites.  Yahuah also called him to go and tear down his father's altar to Baal and the grove beside it and sit up an altar of Yahuah in its place.  You can read the story here.  You can find out more about this type of idolatry here.  May Yahuah bless you and your family.






Comments