Why You Need the Holy Spirit

 


101 Prophecies in the Bible


Why You Need the Holy Spirit

My name is Lisa.  I want to quickly share my background with you on how I received the baptism of the Holy Spirit.  I have raised a Methodist and went to Church with my grandmother when I was small but didn’t continue to go to church throughout my life.  In my late 20’s, I began to attend a Catholic Church, because my husband was raised Catholic.  I took all the classes to receive communion and began to go on a regular basis.  Things in my life started getting rocky.  My marriage was getting worse and eventually fell apart.  Because of all the craziness, I called a prayer line.  This prayer line is where I received the baptism of the Holy Spirit.  I called just basically asking for prayer, but the person on the other end prayed with me to receive more than just prayer.  She prayed with me and I was baptized in the Holy Spirit and spoke in tongues.   The biggest change by far was the joy, the peace and the love I found in being connected with Our Father.  It was truly what my soul had been longing for.   My marriage did fall apart, but I found this incredible joy.  This presence that filled my life with so much love.  The Holy Spirit did not make my life perfect.  I was still facing an incredible storm, but the Father was with me and that made all the difference in my life.
You might be thinking that you are doing fine on your own and that you don’t need a Savior in your life.  Well, let me tell you, you never know when the next storm is around the bin.  You never know when the next sickness or calamity will happen.  The Bible says that Yahusha is a friend that sticks closer than a brother.   The Holy Spirit is talked about in the Bible in Joel 2:28.  It speaks of the Holy Ghost falling in the last days upon mankind.  It fell on the day of Pentecost in fulfillment of this very prophecy.  In Acts 2, you can read more about how all this transpired, and in Acts 2:38 he tells us the plan of Salvation is to repent, be baptized, and filled with his Holy Spirit. In Romans 8:26 the Bible says, Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities:  for we know not what we should pray for as we ought:  but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which can not be uttered.  How does this help you out you might say?  Well, you don’t know all about those storms, calamities, and trials, but our Father does.  Therefore, when you pray in the Holy Spirit he steps in on your behalf and begins to pray for you, for all those things that we don’t know of.   Pretty neat huh.  Sometimes he intercedes for you and sometimes it's for a loved one or situation.  The gift of tongues will help our spirit man to communicate with Yah according to his desires and will for your exact need or situation.  I don’t know about you, but I need that in my life.  I need someone who knows what’s going on when I don’t.  Not only that but praying in the Spirit builds up your faith.  Jude 20 says, but you beloved, building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit.  Who in the world doesn’t need more faith?  Without faith, you can not receive anything from our Father.  These two reasons alone should be enough for anyone to beg Yah for the Holy Ghost.
If you are honestly convinced that you need this gift, then just simply do as the Bible says in Acts 2:38. Say a simple prayer with me.  Yah, please forgive me for every sin, I am a sinner in need of a savior.  I ask you to come into my life and help me.  If he brings any sin into your mind, then you should confess that.  Pray for a church to be baptized in or have someone you know to baptize you in the name of Yahusha.  It is important that you use his name.  Remember that his name is not Father, or Son or Holy Spirit but Yahusha our messiah.  Now just pray for him to pour out the gift of the Holy Spirit upon you with the evidence of speaking in tongues.  Begin by praising our Father.  You can do this in a church, or in the comfort of your own home.  If you don’t know what praise is, then I would suggest starting by just thanking him for all the good things you have in your life and even thank him for the bad things.  He says all things work for the good after all.  You can also just say I praise you Father, or I worship you, or I bless your name.  Whatever comes to your heart?  You could sing a song to adore him.  There are many ways to draw close to him.  Practice your praise before him and after a while, you will begin to feel him drawing close to you and it will get easier to pray and worship him.  This is when he will pour his spirit into you.  
The process of speaking in tongues is yielding to Yahuwah.  If you have repented and you have been baptized and have asked for the gift of the Spirit, then you will receive it.  It is just a matter of you learning how to speak it out in most cases.  Sometimes, the enemy will try to distract you with thoughts.  Maybe it is a thought about feeling stupid praying in another language or about being bad or unworthy.   All of these are lies from the enemy to keep you from getting this gift.   You need to yield your mind by not trying to understand the words.  Yield your will by letting the Father take over your speech.  You must speak them out even if it feels strange or weird.  You are doing the speaking, but the words are from the Holy Spirit.  When you first begin to receive this experience, you might get stammering lips.  This is a rapid, involuntary movement of the tongue.  Keep doing this and it will eventually turn into speaking in the spirit.  Stammering lips would be the first level of speaking in tongues.  At first, this might be all you do but the more you use this gift the more the spirit will begin to flow, and you will begin to speak in tongues fully. With practice, your tongues will become fluent.  It will sound more like a language.  Like a well, sometimes you need to prime it.  We pump it until the water comes forth.  This is how it is with the Holy Spirit.  The stammering lips are like the primer stage.  Eventually, the water will flow freely.  Don’t be shy but be bold.  Remember I Corinthians 14 says that when we speak in an unknown tongue, we are speaking to our Father.  Isaiah 28:11 says, for with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
There is also a different gift of speaking in tongues that needs an interpreter.  This is our Father speaking to a group of believers or to an individual.  This needs someone with the special gift of interpretation to tell the person or group what Yah is saying.  This gift is spoken of in the Bible in I Corinthians 12 and 14.  Remember private tongues allows you to pray directly to our Father and allows Yah to intercede for you and your circumstances and then there are public tongues.  Public tongues allow God to speak through you in an unknown tongue to a group of believers or an individual.  An interpreter will give the message but the person who spoke the message in tongues can also be the interpreter.  Remember I Corinthians 14:2 says for he who speaks in tongues does not speak to man but to God, for no one understands him, however in the spirit, he speaks mysteries.  ICorinthians 14:12 speaks more about public tongues.



Learn what may be hindering you from receiving the spirit!






Works Cited:








Comments