Caught In The Overflow













The other day I was praying and I received a song that I called caught in the overflow.  It was a beautiful song that only could have came to me from the Holy Spirit.  Some people see dreams, some people hear prophecies but most of the time I just hear songs.  This song is about being lost in prayer and feeling the overflow of God's spirit pour into you.  When you are in that sweet place of his glory you feel incredible peace.  All cares are gone and all worries are gone.  It is almost like God is giving you a big hug or kiss and saying it will be okay I am right here.  I am so thankful for moments like this when he drops by to encourage.   In these times with him in prayer, he will give me a word or scripture or sometimes a song.  Sometimes I just feel him with me and sometimes he brings things to my remembrance that I need to get right or repent over.  After I got this song I got on youtube and there was the most amazing painting that fits this song so perfectly.   I immediately wanted to paint it because I love waterfalls.  I watched the tutorial for this picture and then I painted my own in my Bible.  It was so fitting because I hadn't painted anything in my Bible recently.  Shortly after I painted the picture, the thought occurred to me to read the book of Ephesians.  I love this book because it speaks of the Holy Spirit and how it is our guarantee that he will give us the inheritance that he promised us in Ephesians 1:14.  It also says that we are God's house built on a foundation of the apostles and prophets with the Messiah as our cornerstone in Ephesians 2:20.  It says that once we were dead because of our trespasses and sins.  We obeyed the lust of our flesh and we were controlled by the devil in Ephesians 2:1-3.  It says to always be patient with one another and make allowances for each other's faults because of your love in Ephesians 4:2.  It says not to bring sorrow to God's Holy Spirit by the way you live because he has identified you as his own, guaranteeing that you will be saved on the day of redemption in Ephesians 4:30.   Another scripture that goes along with this one and the scripture in Ephesians 1:14 would be Phillippians 1:6 which says he that began a good work within you will finish it.   It also talks about the armor of God in Ephesians 6 and how we are to pray in the spirit at all times and on every occasion.  It says in Ephesians 1:6 that God decided in advance to adopt us into his family.  So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear son.  This picture is like that grace that is poured out on us because we have become his children.  He bestows so many blessing upon us.  He blesses us with his spirit and his presence and with provision and healing and so much more. Just like a waterfall, you need to get under his grace and his blessing.  If you need salvation see this post. If you need the holy spirit see this post and please check out my others as well.  I might post the song later but I am still looking for a good editing program that doesn't cost me any money.   Here is the tutorial for this picture if you are interested.  Mine is a little different because I lacked the extra space in my Bible to add some of the extras in my picture.  Also, I changed mine because I wanted the girl in the water and not just beside it.  God bless.













Comments