Fish out of water






Today I decided I was going to do a painting in my Bible since I haven't posted any Bible art lately.  It is not that I haven't been doing art because I have.  I have been painting on canvas's and taking classes as well.  Art is so fun and relaxing and gives me something new to learn.  I found a new artist who does the most amazing work with fingerpainting.  Her name is Iris Scott.  This was a beginner picture so I figured it was right up my alley.  This picture has three fish swimming happily in a body of water with some Lilly pads.  This brought back some memories for me when I went to a concert.  I thought it would be fun at first but when I got there I felt like a fish out of water.  Fish are not happy out of the water and without it they end up in big trouble.  I felt like I was out of my element as well. Funny what used to be so much fun was just not my cup of tea anymore.  I had no desire to be in that scene at all.  Now granted I used to do all those things that everyone there was doing but God delivered me from all of them and he who the Son sets free is free indeed.  You can read that in the Bible here.  I never had a real problem with alcohol but the cigarettes were a big problem.  God delivered me from smoking when I was pregnant with my son.  I knew I needed to quit smoking but I was having a hard time doing it by myself.  All my friends smoked and my husband smoked.  I cried out to God to helped me and within a day or two, he took the complete desire to smoke out of my heart.  From then on I could be around people smoking and it didn't bother me at all.  I didn't want to smoke but the smell of smoke really bothered me.  Many years later, I picked it up again because I strayed away from God.  He delivered me again but this time it wasn't so easy.  He will do the same for you if you ask him. At one point in my life, I was happy out of that water and doing things of the world but now I have no desire for them at all.  I am pretty content with who I am.  I don't have to be rich or famous or popular.  I just need to stay in the water.  The water in the Bible represents the word as most of you probably know.  There's is something about the word when you are empty.  It is refreshing to your soul.  Kind of like a long cool drink of water.  God says come unto me all you who are weary and you can find rest and that is in the Bible here. Also, the story of the marriage in Cana where they ran out of wine is here.  When you read the story you find that the Father turns the water into wine.  The wine can represent the Holy Spirit. If you haven't been filled with the Holy Spirit then check out my post here.  My Salvation post here.  My come and rest post here.  And check out the tutorial for this painting here.  My picture is here.




Comments