Laying down the flesh

Image result for rainbows







I don't know about you, but I wasn't always serving the Lord.  I had my days of running around and doing my share of bad stuff.  When I had finally made my life as miserable as it could get, then I began to think that this doing your own thing all the time is not the greatest way to live.  It has its consequences!  Not only that but it is unnerving always thinking about if there is a creator or not and how else does everything exist.  Why did I feel so empty and so miserable when I was walking in the opposite direction of God.  So many questions.  People seem to not call on God unless they are in a pickle.  They seem to like doing whatever the bleep they want until they have terminal cancer or they have a terrible dilemma.  Then once we do call out to him we are left with reading the Bible and seeing how bad we have missed the mark.  The Bible is truly a living thing and many times it would speak right at me and have me in tears repenting over and over because of junk in my past.  That is what it was like for me when I first started to find out who this God was.  Being converted is not always easy because you want to be perfect, but perfection takes time.  Today I watched a video from one of my favorite bible study channels about the book of Romans.  It discusses the works of the flesh.  Going from darkness to light can be difficult because sometimes God requires you to put down some things and sometimes he requires you to get away from people that will lead you astray.  He might even require you to move to a different state or a different country altogether.  I remember he began to just put desires in me that I didn't have before.  Like a desire to read me Bible all the time which I would never ever do before.  Sometimes he puts a desire in you to put down some things like smoking or drinking.  God delivered me instantaneously from smoking the first time but unfortunately,  I picked it up again and it wasn't that easy the second time he set me free.  I used to throw them out the window on the way to work and pick them up on the way home.  It took time.  I still went through that awful time of feeling like I was disappointing God.  I wanted to be free of it but I just hadn't got complete victory yet.  That is what I think Romans is talking about.  If it brings conviction over something that you haven't gotten victory over, then just pray about it, because God is able.  He loves humility.  You don't know how many times I would cry to God over messing up again.  It takes a child a long time to walk and they fall down over and over in the process.  Now I am not saying  I am running a marathon or anything.  I might be completely done with smoking but I might be crawling over something completely new that God is working with me on.  We should be compassionate with each other and pray for those who are weak in certain areas.  It is hard to give up things of the flesh for sure, especially if you have been doing them all your life.  Life is hard and we learn how to cope with things in any way we can when we don't have God.  Numb the pain a little, forget the hurt for a little while.  Most of the time I just want everyone to leave my pain alone.  It has a nice scab on it for a reason.  God is not always like that.  He wants the sore to be completely healed and gone and he keeps messing with it.  You want to say, why don't you just go do something else but he won't leave you alone.  He wants us whole and it isn't always a gentle process.  Sometimes it is more like pulling an organ out without any pain meds.  Anyhow here is the video and please subscribe to the Christian Truther channel.  They have amazing teaching videos that I think you will enjoy.  Check out my other videos on salvation and the holy ghost too.  Love ya and Blessings











Comments